“Volunteering can be an exciting, growing, enjoyable experience. It is truly gratifying to serve a cause, practice one’s ideals, work with people, solve problems, see benefits, and know one had a hand in them.” ~Harriet Naylor
***HIGH NEED OPPORTUNITIES***
- The Senior Outreach program needs volunteer Respite Aides to provide relief for spouses and family members who care for dependent elderly adults at home. Volunteers receive training and are asked to commit to giving the full-time caregiver a 3-4 hour break one day a week. Hours are flexible based on the needs of the client and volunteer. Must be at least 18 years old. For more information, call CSSMV Volunteer Services at (937) 223-7217.
CHOICE FOOD PANTRY:
- Assist us in our Choice Food Pantry Grand Re-Opening! Our expanded pantry, which serves over 18,000 people annually, provides more opportunities for volunteers to assist with personal shopping and curbside service. We will train! Great position for anyone 14 years of age and older as well as seniors and groups. Our pantry is open Monday through Friday, 9:30 to 11:30am.
- Erma’s House Family Visitation Center offers a supervised, safe, and neutral environment for children to visit with their non-custodial parents. Monitors are needed to supervise these visits. Visitations generally last 1 to 2.5 hours, one day a week in the evenings and on Sunday afternoons. Must be at least 18 years old. Training provided.
APPLY ONLINE, or contact one of the offices below.
- Eckerle Administration Center – 922 W. Riverview Ave., Dayton
- Center for Families – 1046 Brown St., Dayton
- Miami Valley Family Care Center (daycare) – 4100 W. Third St., Dayton
- Northern Counties office – 1201 Fairington Dr., Sidney