“Volunteering can be an exciting, growing, enjoyable experience. It is truly gratifying to serve a cause, practice one’s ideals, work with people, solve problems, see benefits, and know one had a hand in them.” ~Harriet Naylor
***HIGH NEED OPPORTUNITIES***
FRONT DESK VOLUNTEERS:
- We have an IMMEDIATE need for volunteers to staff the front desk at our administrative office at 922 W. Riverview Avenue in Dayton. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday; volunteers are asked to commit to a block of hours at least one day per week. The front desk volunteer greets and directs visitors in a professional and courteous manner; provides visitors with information about external resources when needed; and provides administrative support. Visitors include board members and donors as well as clients accessing services. For more information or to volunteer, please contact Jefferson at (937) 223-7217 ext.1146 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Senior Outreach program needs volunteer Respite Aides to provide relief for spouses and family members who care for dependent elderly adults at home. Volunteers receive training and are asked to commit to giving the full-time caregiver a 3-4 hour break one day a week. Hours are flexible based on the needs of the client and volunteer. Must be at least 18 years old. For more information, call CSSMV Volunteer Services at (937) 223-7217.
- Erma’s House Family Visitation Center offers a supervised, safe, and neutral environment for children to visit with their non-custodial parents. Monitors are needed to supervise these visits. Visitations generally last 1 to 2.5 hours, one day a week in the evenings and on Sunday afternoons. Must be at least 18 years old. Training provided.
APPLY ONLINE, or contact one of the offices below.
- Eckerle Administration Center – 922 W. Riverview Ave., Dayton
- Center for Families – 1046 Brown St., Dayton
- Lincoln Academy - 4100 W. Third St. (VA Medical Center campus), Dayton
- Northern Counties office – 1201 Fairington Dr., Sidney