You must bring:
- ID for head of household
- Proof of address
- If you are Homebound, you must send same documents as listed along with a signed note requesting service and contact #.
- Must be able to cook or refrigerate products
- Serves incomes below 200% poverty. (2016-federal-poverty-level-charts)
- If the pantry is closed, Call HELP LINK for food assistance and other community services referrals. 24 hour phone #: Dial 211 or 1-800-917-3224
Pantry Services Include:
- 30 day Pantry Service
- FSS (Family Support and Stabilization) & community service information – call 937-223-7217
- Call the Pantry Supervisor at 223-7217 x1144 if you have any questions
In addition to food distribution, CSSMV offers the services of a professional case manager that assists clients by providing information and linkages to other necessary social service programs. By providing information and helping to address the continuum of needs, CSSMV encourages clients to make the necessary changes which lead to greater self-sufficiency.
The food pantry is staffed by dedicated volunteers. By combining the expertise of professionals with the enthusiasm and compassion of trained volunteers, CSSMV is able to more efficiently serve the neediest families and children in our community.
The pantry is supported by private foundations, corporate giving programs, and individual donors who wish to pledge their support to help the hungry. Please consider making a gift today. Your contribution will make a difference in the lives of thousands of people right here in your community.